Return

This post has been published by me as a part of the Blog-a-Ton 14; the fourteenth edition of the online marathon of Bloggers; where we decide and we write. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.


After fighting a tough battle with the cruel world, with a mustered up brave front, I return back.
To tell you my darkest fears and to reveal my cowardly self.


After celebrating glorious successes, de boarding from a fly-high trip with some of the jealous world and some of the genuine world , I return back.
To listen to a speech about "how not to get lost in the success-comfort-zone" and to get my head back on my shoulders.


After going through a bout of hope-drain, having fought back tears of agony, I return back.
To cry them out to you and listen to your piece of advice to "take care of myself" and to keep up the hope.


After making a mistake, which escapes the eyes of the world, I return back.
To plead guilty since no mistake escapes your ever scrutinizing eye.


After taking that biggest step, the life changing decision, biding good-bye to the old, I return back.
To whisper my loneliness rant to you and to get rest assured that "all is going to be good".


After all things good and bad, after the many brave, cowardly, hopeless, successful, worthless facades and bouts that I go through during the day, I return back to thee, my subconscious mind, my pillow, to show you who I really am and to get my batteries recharged. Be it, a happy day or a not-so-good, my heart cries out for this time to RETURN back to you.
Even an insomniac knows what it is to return back to the pillow, where you hold secret conversations with the sub conscious mind. The one that reveals to you all that you truly are which even the best mirror in the world can't.
The fellow Blog-a-Tonics who took part in this Blog-a-Ton and links to their respective posts can be checked here. To be part of the next edition, visit and start following Blog-a-Ton.


18 Responses
  1. Jaspreet Says:

    Ah! Return to the pillow-interesting!
    Its true that nothing remains hidden when we converse with ourselves at the end of the day.Must say, a very honest post.
    All the best!


  2. Unruly Rebel Says:

    nice post..nice mood.. :)


    namit
    i blog at http://i-am-a-man-namit.blogspot.com/


  3. Dreamer Says:

    You are absolutely right. The pillow is indeed our best friend at the end of a long tired day. And you know the best part? It ain't judgmental! That was a most unique take on the subject. All the best!


  4. Anonymous Says:

    :)Nice write up. We often share a secret relationship with the pillow don't we all?

    Best for BATOM


  5. Rinaya Says:

    I agree with Dreamer,the best part is it doesn't judge you at all.How relaxing it is to smile into your pillow or cry your heart out..at the end of the day,its always there ready to welcome you into its warm & soft embrace :)
    all the best for BAT


  6. lovely wordings :)
    good luck with BATOn14


  7. Anonymous Says:

    Amazing post.. Loved it.. I second your thoughts.. :)


  8. unique, innovative and interesting take and execution :)


  9. Very unique take, at the end of the day, pillow is our best frend.. Loved it..

    --Someone Is Special--


  10. Anonymous Says:

    Gr8 way to sum up the retrospection @ the end of the day.
    Cheerz !


  11. brandMARIO Says:

    nice... cool... i dint make it ti BAT 14 this time :-( but check this out...

    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=30610

    do vote for it... coz I bet u'll like it! ;-)


  12. Hey Tuppence. It's my first time here.

    I started liking your blog the moment IO realized the derivation of tuppence.

    The post is very good. Everybody can relate to it. Initially I thought it was a soldier returning back (when the world thought he was brave but only he knew the truth.)

    But the post reminds that everyday we fight... and eventually return to the pillow.

    I like the fontcolor-change approach to tell the difference between real world and pillow talk.

    Very Nice. Good job. and Good luck.

    And i personally think we should BANmario. He is leaving these comments everywhere. Disgusting.)


  13. Amity Says:

    Yes Tuppence, I could relate to all of the points you shared here!

    Very nice take! All the best!


  14. Tuppence Says:

    @all Thanks.
    Oh Yes! Pillow is our best friend..
    hmm..about it not being judgemental, that s the best part , that was the idea behind the post as well..

    @Kshitij - You have understood the essence of the post really well


  15. hey , thanx for te lovely comment on my blog , aftr a long time i wud say ! n wel , i mite ask pardon for coming to this post of urs so late !

    u knw, aftr reading the post , the thing tat rings in ur ears is "I RETURN BACK" ! tat is an inspiration in itslf , n te depiction u provided is unparallelable ! retuning back to ur pillow , ur solace , whr u cn laugh n ur laugh warms it up , whr u cn cry , n it takes away all ur tears, whom u cn hug n it becomes te one whom u miss....lovely thought , lovely depiction , truly heart warming ! loved ur post ! keep up te good work ! cheers !


  16. Very honestly and succinctly put.
    Esp the way you have used something as simple as italicized fonts to express the introspective thoughts.
    And of course,the use of the pillow as a metaphor was brilliant!


  17. Sidra Sayeed Says:

    I think almost everyone can relate with one of the many facades that you've discussed. Life is like that makes you flow through a number of crests and troughs but it does return.


  18. Jaspreet Says:

    Hey Tuppence, am back! to thank you for voting for my poem in BAT.I am really glad that you liked it :)